(Photo courtesy of mouseplanet.com)
Every year Disney closes attractions, restaurants, pools, etc. for various periods of time in order to keep everything in tip-top shape. These refurbishments are what keep the park looking clean, refreshed, and up to date. Fresh coats of paint, updated mechanics, new designs, and just a good cleaning are some of the things that take place during refurbishment.
*Now, the following information is not official information and may change. For complete information you can always directly call Walt Disney World to confirm closings before your vacation.
So, with that being said, let’s take a look at the refurbishment schedule for 2014.
- Casey’s Corner– closed from Jan. 6, 2014 until Feb. 15, 2014.
- Splash Mountain– closed from Jan. 6, 2014 until Mar. 21, 2014.
- Tomorrowland Indy Speedway– closed from Jan. 6, 2014 until Jan. 12, 2014.
- Agrabah Bazaar– closed from Jan. 6, 2014 until Feb. 2, 2014.
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin– closed from Jan. 13, 2014 until Jan. 30, 2014.
- Liberty Square Riverboat– closed from Jan. 21, 2014 until Jan. 30, 2014
- Walt Disney World Monorail System– closed from Jan. 21, 2014 until Mar. 31, 2014. (The Resort and Express beam will be closed during these dates from 11:00am-7:00pm on weekdays.)
- The Barnstormer– closed from Feb. 3, 2014 until Feb. 5, 2014.
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover– closed from Feb. 10, 2014 until Mar. 27, 2014.
- Plaza Restaurant– closed from Feb. 17, 2014 until Mar. 15, 2014.
- Pinocchio’s Village Haus– closed from Feb. 17, 2014 until Mar. 30, 2014.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad– closed from Apr. 7, 2014 until Apr. 9, 2014.
- Pirates of the Caribbean– closed from Apr. 28, 2014 until Apr. 30, 2014.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Studio Backlot Tour– closed from Jan. 5, 2014 until Mar. 1, 2014
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Festival of the Lion King– closed from Jan. 5, 2014 until further notice. (Closed for relocation to new theater. Expect closure of 6 months or longer.)
Disney’s Polynesian Resort
- Never Land Club Children’s Activity Center– closed from Jan. 1, 2014 until Mar. 31, 2014.
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Surf’s Up Pool– closed from Jan. 6, 2014 until Jan. 24, 2014.
Blizzard Beach— closed from Dec. 22, 2013 until Mar. 16, 2014.
I hope this is helpful to those who are planning an upcoming trip to WDW.
Have a magical day!